As the Chief Financial Officer holding a key role on the team, you will be instrumental in leading the strategic financial planning, ensure proper financial and accounting practices continue, and manage all financial activities across the company. Striving for growth and increased profitability, you will enhance systems and processes while working with an equally passionate team.
- Communicate and build strong relationships with the Board of Directors and Senior Management team.
- Build out the finance function for the company, including recruiting of finance and accounting staff.
- Develop annual/quarterly operating budgets and drive operating rhythms for financial reporting and provide insight and recommendations on improving financial performance.
- Implement financial systems and processes to provide operational and financial information and key performance indicators.
- Manage all regulatory and compliance filings.
- Assist in capital raising activities, investor relations, and company presentations at key events.
- Review and manage appropriate internal controls, compliance, and financial procedures.
- Oversee the preparation and timely filing of all municipal, provincial and federal tax returns.
- Manage all external audits, banking relationships, and represent the company to financial institutions, investors, and officials.
- Ensure financial and management reports are consistent, accurate, and timely.
- Selecting and engaging with auditors, consultants, and investors as needed.
- 5+ years of total accounting and/or finance experience.
- Masters Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- CPA Required, MBA is an asset.
- Working experience in financial/banking industry preferred.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with a track record of leadership ability and executive presence.
- Significant experience representing the company to external investors and bankers.
- Proven ability to lead and inspire finance teams with an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Experience in raising capital, and public offerings.
- Transactional experience (mergers, acquisitions, and integrations) is an asset.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Depth of experience in building and managing financing structures.
- Significant experience working with external auditors and internal controls, with deep experience in managing all compliance matters.
HOW TO APPLY:
Are you ready to start your career with us? Apply today so we can connect with you to learn more.
Email us : Vishal@ideal.ventures
WE'RE HERE TO HELP:
Idea Group strives to create an accessible and inclusive application and selection process and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to job applicants who may have accessibility requirements. Should you require an accommodation please contact 4167543500_221. Information received related to accommodation needs will be addressed confidentially.